Making Your Own Water Cycle
You will need:
• 1 large and 1 small bowl
• Cling wrap
• Tray of ice
• Kettle of warm water
• Pour warm water into the large bowl
• Put the small bowl inside the large bowl
• Cover the large bowl with cling wrap and make sure there are no gaps
• Place 2-3 ice cubes in the centre of the cling wrap
• Leave for 10 minutes
• Remove ice cubes and peel back the cling wrap
• Take out the small bowl to show the collected water
Evaporation: The warm water droplets rise up to the cling wrap, which are the clouds.
Condensation: The water droplets gather near the ice, which is the cool atmosphere.
Precipitation: The water droplets get bigger and heavier, and fall just like rain.
Collection: The water droplets fall into the bowl, which represents land.
Try it out! We hope you have as much fun as we did.